Even before CoCo 2018 was over, I had Plans. Yep, you all know how good I am at those. The difference being that, this time, I will stick to them. Come hell or high water.
My next projects are:
Using the pattern from Sense and Sensibility, I cut to my measurements, using one of the Paisley Panache fabrics from Windham Fabrics that I bought in LinCrap years ago...
It went together really quickly and I popped it on Imelda to check the fit and the cross-over sat all...weird. I put everything on myself and worked it out - I cut the bodice front to the 'DD' option (you've seen my pictures, you know why) and that would work fine assuming I wasn't wearing a set of stays. I ended up taking up to 3cm off the depth in the curve of the bodice between the side and the second pleat. So while I needed the 'DD' depth toward the centre front and side, it was unnecessary for the side front, essentially.
I have some hand finishing to do (seam allowances, hems, etc) and I will add a couple of buttons and loops to the outer cross-over part to reduce gap-age, and then I'm hoping I can get the hat to lock-up stage before the event. The hat pattern is from Lynn McMasters, view A, in black dupion silk:

Pics of the finished product will go up here as I remember to take them, or as the event happens.
Wish me luck!
Edited to add:
A photo of the three of us who went to Pemberley. I didn't get the hat finished, but I will have it done for the Regency picnic scheduled with all the Gels later this month. I'll hopefully have a bodiced petticoat done too. I have had no end of drama with my Regency petticoat over the years and Pemberley was the last straw... Anyway, the pic! It was taken by Miss R and are filched from her FaceCrack page.
My next projects are:
- Regency cross-over gown and hat for Picnic at Pemberley
- Finish the 1890's Beauxbaton outfit I originally started for CoCo.
- Natural form polonaise using the new Truly Victorian TV430 pattern
- A couple of 1880's bustles, to use up some stash and including the awesome silk I bought in LA, using my stash of Truly Victorian patterns
- A couple of 1940's skirts for work
Using the pattern from Sense and Sensibility, I cut to my measurements, using one of the Paisley Panache fabrics from Windham Fabrics that I bought in LinCrap years ago...
It went together really quickly and I popped it on Imelda to check the fit and the cross-over sat all...weird. I put everything on myself and worked it out - I cut the bodice front to the 'DD' option (you've seen my pictures, you know why) and that would work fine assuming I wasn't wearing a set of stays. I ended up taking up to 3cm off the depth in the curve of the bodice between the side and the second pleat. So while I needed the 'DD' depth toward the centre front and side, it was unnecessary for the side front, essentially.
I have some hand finishing to do (seam allowances, hems, etc) and I will add a couple of buttons and loops to the outer cross-over part to reduce gap-age, and then I'm hoping I can get the hat to lock-up stage before the event. The hat pattern is from Lynn McMasters, view A, in black dupion silk:

Pics of the finished product will go up here as I remember to take them, or as the event happens.
Wish me luck!
Edited to add:
A photo of the three of us who went to Pemberley. I didn't get the hat finished, but I will have it done for the Regency picnic scheduled with all the Gels later this month. I'll hopefully have a bodiced petticoat done too. I have had no end of drama with my Regency petticoat over the years and Pemberley was the last straw... Anyway, the pic! It was taken by Miss R and are filched from her FaceCrack page.


Comments
Post a Comment