So while my blog may have been idle, I actually haven't been!
I made this for the lovely Miss C for her birthday:
And I finished my riding habit with sometime to spare for the Day at the
Races:
Photo courtesy of Miss R.
I have a list as long as my arm for the Lessons Learned on the riding
habit, but that's all good as long as I don't repeat the same mistakes!
My plans for CoCo have had so many changes, I'm glad I didn't keep the
blog up-to-date. The list, as it currently stands, is:
- Wear the riding habit (and
melt since it's made of wool) with some horns for the In The Realm of The
Goblin King pool party.
- I’ll take my brown striped 1870’s bustle for the
Belle Epoch CafĂ©. Not my original idea of an 1890’s, but better than
civvies!
- From the outset, I had the
idea of making a version of this. I have red silk velvet but no where near enough for a Victorian, so I'm using chocolate coloured German velvet, for the Gala. I've changed my mind,
again, to something more simple - I’ll amend the TV patterns 294 and
490 to try and tweak the look for an earlier 1890 spin. If
I don’t get it finished, I’ll still go with my original plan of the red Regency thing-o.
- Steampunk-y goodness for
the Victorian afternoon tea on Sunday.
Believe it or not, I may just be able to finagle an outfit for all
events bar the Sunday breakfast, and I'm just crazy enough to be thinking now that I might just get in something for that too...
·
At some stage, I’ll have to do a dry run on packing it all!


Comments
Post a Comment