As I mentioned in the previous post, I am attempting to churn out a heap of costumes in a short period of time.
I managed to get the bodice on my Regency petticoat using the instructions from the Sense and Sensibility lass and had a blissful day at the picnic with the Gels not having to continually adjust my straps. Yay! Didn't get my new hat finished though. Poo. Below pic is from the fabbo Neda Lundie. (Go see her stuff on FaceCrack. It's awesome.)
The other thing I have done in the last few weeks is a new 1870's bustle. It took me a total of eight days to make a petticoat, underskirt, overskirt (apron), bodice, chemisette and sleeves (I already had the rest of the underwear). In the pics below, we're at the City Bontanic Gardens in Brisbane. Photos have been filched from El Capitan's BookFace page, who is also a t'riffic photographer, which is why I use her photos so often.
I managed to get the bodice on my Regency petticoat using the instructions from the Sense and Sensibility lass and had a blissful day at the picnic with the Gels not having to continually adjust my straps. Yay! Didn't get my new hat finished though. Poo. Below pic is from the fabbo Neda Lundie. (Go see her stuff on FaceCrack. It's awesome.)
The other thing I have done in the last few weeks is a new 1870's bustle. It took me a total of eight days to make a petticoat, underskirt, overskirt (apron), bodice, chemisette and sleeves (I already had the rest of the underwear). In the pics below, we're at the City Bontanic Gardens in Brisbane. Photos have been filched from El Capitan's BookFace page, who is also a t'riffic photographer, which is why I use her photos so often.
I had got fed up with the sleeves by the time these photos were taken. I need to take out some of the elastic at the top so that gravity doesn't get the chance to be such a shrew. I also need to add embellishments - contrast bias around the cuffs, apron and apron tails and the ruffle to the underskirt, but overall I'm a little bit pleased.
I did have issues with the apron being too straight for the underskirt which meant that the underskirt and petticoats kept trying to tie themselves around my calves every other step. I may try only having one petticoat next time I wear it instead of two to see if that makes a difference.
For any who are interested, I used the Truly Victorian patterns TV170, TV201, TV400 (modified) and TV104.
Next project, after I embellish this one, my 1890's Beauxbatons uniform.




Oh you... <3 I appreciate you saying that about my photos... I do love your new bustle dress, it's so so so so pretty
ReplyDelete