Last month, the QLD chapter of the ACG had our end-of-year swaree with a Myths and Legends theme. We had a couple of hobbits, a fairy, a pirate, a pioneering lady explorer, Sherlock Holmes, Cleopatra and a Greek (or was it Roman?) goddess.
Then there was me, Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz goes steampunk or Dottie Gale -
Then there was me, Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz goes steampunk or Dottie Gale -
It was the cheatery-est costume I've made in a while. I bought the corset, I whipped up the gaiters, top and skirt from stash and existing patterns (there's even overlocking to finish some of the seams - gasp!), and the hat was to 'lock-up' (that is, still didn't have it's lining). The goggles and bag I already had and 'Toto' was a $5 find from Kmart.
But on the whole, save for a couple of niggly issues, I think I don't look too bad. Not too bad at all, if I do say so myself.
Photos have been filched from El Capitan, who will need a new alias...


Comments
Post a Comment