I had a Jane Austen-themed ball coming up and I decided I needed something appropriate. I only have the one gown that I wear to every Picnic at Pemberley and I wanted something different. And, you know, it's a Ball. I need an evening gown.
Inspired by Jen Thompson's gown, I decided I wanted one too. (Imitation is the highest form of flattery, isn't it?)
I always called this type of gown 'a transition gown', but the immortal Janet Arnold notes it as an Open Robe. Hmm...
Anyway, enter PoF I, some awesome quilting fabric from Motifsbyhand on Etsy, some stash, vast amounts of hand sewing later and the result is...
Inspired by Jen Thompson's gown, I decided I wanted one too. (Imitation is the highest form of flattery, isn't it?)

From Arnold, Janet (1985) "Patterns of Fashion: Vol. 1 1660-1860", Pan Macmillan, UK.
I always called this type of gown 'a transition gown', but the immortal Janet Arnold notes it as an Open Robe. Hmm...
Anyway, enter PoF I, some awesome quilting fabric from Motifsbyhand on Etsy, some stash, vast amounts of hand sewing later and the result is...
Photo by Neda Lundie
And a group shot, 'cause we all look awesome.
Photo by Neda Lundie


Comments
Post a Comment