Sometimes filching free blog layouts from the Interwebz can backfire - I popped onto my blog today as a vanity check to see if anyone actually reads this thing (Hello Mme C!) and noticed that there was a notice on EVERY FREKKIN' WIDGET to upgrade a photobucket account I don't hold.
Sigh.
So I have resorted to a dead boring layout courtesy of Blogger.
Anyways, I want to talk about my latest project. I started the outfit for my bestest bud, Miss Mel, 1940's themed wedding about eight years ago. The dress is from a period pattern that I scaled up and the jacket is an amalgam of a Vogue coat pattern (front, sleeves and collar) and my 1780's riding habit pattern (back).
Due to personal issues, I didn't get the whole thing finished on time even with help from the lovely Miss Mae and Dr. Q. Miss Mel had to sew me into the dress since there was no zip and the jacket was to lock-up stage only - sans pockets and no lining at all, not even seam finishes.
The below photo is the only pic I have with the 'before' jacket at the actual ceremony and I'm in frame with the wonderful Miss S. I had had two hours sleep because myself and the awesome Dr. Q were up until 4am the day of the wedding hemming the [insert expletive here] dress.
I'm posting this now because I finally finished the jacket. It has lining. It has pockets. It is as done as it's going to get quite frankly. Imelda has been kind enough to model it for me. In her underwear, no less. Scandalous! (It is a tantalizing glimpse of the combinations I made for the current steampunk librarian outfit, though.)
Hmm, it all fits Imelda so much better than it does me...
Sigh.
So I have resorted to a dead boring layout courtesy of Blogger.
Anyways, I want to talk about my latest project. I started the outfit for my bestest bud, Miss Mel, 1940's themed wedding about eight years ago. The dress is from a period pattern that I scaled up and the jacket is an amalgam of a Vogue coat pattern (front, sleeves and collar) and my 1780's riding habit pattern (back).
Due to personal issues, I didn't get the whole thing finished on time even with help from the lovely Miss Mae and Dr. Q. Miss Mel had to sew me into the dress since there was no zip and the jacket was to lock-up stage only - sans pockets and no lining at all, not even seam finishes.
The below photo is the only pic I have with the 'before' jacket at the actual ceremony and I'm in frame with the wonderful Miss S. I had had two hours sleep because myself and the awesome Dr. Q were up until 4am the day of the wedding hemming the [insert expletive here] dress.
I'm posting this now because I finally finished the jacket. It has lining. It has pockets. It is as done as it's going to get quite frankly. Imelda has been kind enough to model it for me. In her underwear, no less. Scandalous! (It is a tantalizing glimpse of the combinations I made for the current steampunk librarian outfit, though.)
Hmm, it all fits Imelda so much better than it does me...


Comments
Post a Comment