Skip to main content

Forgetful Chicken



So I keep forgetting to update my project plan for the Georgian outfit – a lot of what I did I hand wrote on the sheet as I went along and it looks pretty scrappy. I do plan to share it here for prosperity, but I have to remember to fix it first.

The next project on my list isn’t. That is, I don’t have a particular project in mind. I’d like a 1940’s dress of some description, I want a new Steampunk outfit and I want to try my hand at a spoon busk corset with the resultant dress, something natural form. I also have some half-done, or small in-the-works projects that I should get off my plate before I embark on anything new. I have had a jacket for my brother hanging over my head for a while, but I lost his measurements, so it was put on hold until I see him again this Christmas.

I have so many options, I can’t decide. Sigh. First world problems.

So the list (you know how good I am at those):
Half-done:

  • Georgian fichu – just need to add the lace, which is pinned on and has been sitting next to the lounge untouched for two weeks)
  • 1950’s summer frock – it’s been mocked up and cut out. Just waiting for sewing. It was supposed to be for last year’s ACG Christmas do…
  • Cute yellow work blouse – another one that’s been sitting idle for ages. I just have to add the invisible zip and hem it.
  • Not-as-cute yellow sleeveless top – I had issues with the shoulder straps and am just not motivated to finish it.


Small In-the-Works:

  • Late 1940’s – 1950’s princess slip – Bought it for $10. It needs new lace, new zipper and let out a bit to fit me. Probably needs a new neckline as well.
  • New mitts for Lady Beth – I thought her paws were smaller than mine and made her mitts sized accordingly. Turns out, we’re the same size.
  • Mitts for myself
  • Cap to match my Georgian.
  • Add fancy bits to Georgian – the lace cuffs I made and didn’t get the time to attach, add ruching, probably in green.
  • Finish my Georgian chemise – just need the neckline done.
  • Secret secret project for … - Since I didn’t get the size right for Lady Beth, I’m worried about the sizing for X. Not sure how to tackle this one without telling anyone the secret.
  • 1970’s yellow petticoat – Bought for $5. Needs to be let out to fit and to have the awful polyester lace removed.
  • Fix my Blue Balloon dress day bodice. And make an evening bodice to match.


Big project wish list:

  • Steampunk librarian like this. I’d make a vest for under the jacket, and have the jacket be double breasted. I have all the fabric, even the collar. Just need to make it
  • A natural form to use my spoon busk and some white and blue tartan linen I bought years ago. I’m leaning toward this one or this other one, the blue.
  • A long line bra that will work for me. You’ve seen me in pictures. You know why.
  • A wardrobe, whether it be Regency, Edwardian or 40's/50's, I want to be able to have a frock for pretty much all occasions. If I had time and storage space, I'd aim for all three...
  • Grand Master J is not far off finishing his uni degree, so I reckon I may be able to convince him to come to Regency things with me. Which means an outfit for him. I bought most of the fabric for it last year, just need something suitable for a vest.
  • The aforementioned jacket for my brother.

 So many frocks, so little time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Costume Churn Out, Part The Second

As I mentioned in the previous post , I am attempting to churn out a heap of costumes in a short period of time. I managed to get the bodice on my Regency petticoat using the instructions from the Sense and Sensibility lass and had a blissful day at the picnic with the Gels not having to continually adjust my straps. Yay! Didn't get my new hat finished though. Poo. Below pic is from the fabbo Neda Lundie. (Go see her stuff on FaceCrack . It's awesome.) The other thing I have done in the last few weeks is a new 1870's bustle. It took me a total of eight days to make a petticoat, underskirt, overskirt (apron), bodice, chemisette and sleeves (I already had the rest of the underwear). In the pics below, we're at the City Bontanic Gardens in Brisbane. Photos have been filched from El Capitan's BookFace page , who is also a t'riffic photographer, which is why I use her photos so often. I had got fed up with the sleeves by the time these photos ...

A Look Backwards and Forwards

It's that time of the year (ok, maybe a little later than I had planned) when everyone looks back on the year that was and forward to the year that will be. So... The list for 2017 looked like this: Ringmaster costume (Done, on this post ) 1930's tea/day dress (Done.  See this post ) 1940’s something, probably a suit, trying for an Agent Carter look Riding habit -  the year is yet to be determined, probably Victorian or Edwardian as I already have corsets that fit. The natural form, which entails  Combinations, Spoon busk corset, Princess petticoat/bustle, Petticoat, Skirts (under and apron), Dickey and cuffs, Vest, Jacket and Hat So that was a total of two outfits from the original list. Sigh. I also made a transition open robe and a couple of steampunk outfits ( a naturalist and Dorothy Gale ). In all, not my best year for pushing out costumes, but I'm dead proud of the naturalist costume and super duper proud of the transition robe. I can almost say, in re...

I've Made Stuff!

So while my blog may have been idle, I actually haven't been! I made this for the lovely Miss C for her birthday: And I finished my riding habit with sometime to spare for the Day at the Races: Photo courtesy of Miss R. I have a list as long as my arm for the Lessons Learned on the riding habit, but that's all good as long as I don't repeat the same mistakes! My plans for CoCo have had so many changes, I'm glad I didn't keep the blog up-to-date. The list, as it currently stands, is: Wear the riding habit (and melt since it's made of wool) with some horns for the In The Realm of The Goblin King pool party. I’ll take my  brown striped 1870’s bustle  for the Belle Epoch Café. Not my original idea of an 1890’s, but better than civvies! From the outset, I had the idea of making a version of  this . I have red silk velvet but no where near enough for a Victorian, so I'm using chocolate coloured German velvet, f...