The roof is mostly sewn together and painting has started! I might actaully have this finished before Festival next year. What a notion!
This next pic is the inspiration for the painting of the roof. It's a detail from 'Field of Cloth Of Gold' done by Holbein, I think, dated at about 1525. Instead of the Tudor rose in the ovals, I'll be adding my own gold trefoils.
And the painting begins! I'm using green, red and gold for the colours on the roof, which are my heraldic colours. I've started with the green, the scrolly bits will be red and then the trefoils, as I mentioned above. Mistress Honeydeath was kind and wonderful enough to try to re-create a larger version of the scrolly bits for me, as I suck at that kind of thing. So, once the green bits are done, I'll make an attempt at transferring the scrolly bits (maybe I should start using capitals for that) onto a plastic sheet to make a stencil, so I don't have to free-form it. That would be a disaster of epic proportions, I'm sure.



Comments
Post a Comment