Here's some pics of yours truly at Festival. All in all, the dresses were pretty good, but I think I either lost weight during the last push to get stuff done (which happily coincided with Lent) or the bodices eased out more during 14+ hours of wear each day. It's probably a little from column A and column B, but I can't lose anymore weight otherwise I'll be in the same predicament this time next year!
Firstly, Supergreen Mark II:

I still have a wrinkle in the back, but it's much better fitting than Mark I. I had issues with the shoulders in that I couldn't successfully attach the sleeves I took with me - they kept pulling the shoulders straps off. There's no way in hell I'm making this dress a third time, so I'll just have to deal.
Secondly, the red, with the suit of ruffs that are teh awesome and really finish the outfit:

Again, with the wrinkle in the back, in the same place. Not exactly sure why. Also, the bodice is a smidgy bit too long thus the wrinkle at the skirt. I didn't bother trying this one with the sleeves, though.
This is the red from the front. I've edited out the other people in the pic as a couple of them are childers.

There aren't any pics of the farthingale I made for the 'Lingerie Waitress Night' or the jacket, unfortuately. They'll be worn again though and I'll get pics then.
Overall, I'm happy with this style, even though it can be a pain to have to ask people to lace me in. I reckon it suits me. The next kirtle I make will be an exercise front lacing. That will be started after I finish my unfinished projects this year and do the pav. So many projects, so little time!
Firstly, Supergreen Mark II:
I still have a wrinkle in the back, but it's much better fitting than Mark I. I had issues with the shoulders in that I couldn't successfully attach the sleeves I took with me - they kept pulling the shoulders straps off. There's no way in hell I'm making this dress a third time, so I'll just have to deal.
Secondly, the red, with the suit of ruffs that are teh awesome and really finish the outfit:

Again, with the wrinkle in the back, in the same place. Not exactly sure why. Also, the bodice is a smidgy bit too long thus the wrinkle at the skirt. I didn't bother trying this one with the sleeves, though.
This is the red from the front. I've edited out the other people in the pic as a couple of them are childers.
There aren't any pics of the farthingale I made for the 'Lingerie Waitress Night' or the jacket, unfortuately. They'll be worn again though and I'll get pics then.
Overall, I'm happy with this style, even though it can be a pain to have to ask people to lace me in. I reckon it suits me. The next kirtle I make will be an exercise front lacing. That will be started after I finish my unfinished projects this year and do the pav. So many projects, so little time!
Comments
Post a Comment