Skip to main content

The Orange Frock All Lock'd Up

I did manage to get The Orange Frock to 'lock up' stage by the event. I worked my butt off to get it there and nearly melted on the day. Silk and the beginnings of a Sydney summer do not go together very well, especially after a long day in the sun wearing yet more garb. Photos will have to wait until the dress is completed, however.

At any rate, there is still more work to do on The Orange Frock. I've got the decoration to create and attach, a hat to make (like the one shown in the picture below, from Sempstress's site, only smaller), my own farthingale so I can give Mistress M back hers and a swanky partlet with an equally swanky ruff. All by the second weekend in January.


I'm also reconsidering my frock choices for 12th Night. I had planned on wearing The Orange Frock, but I will whither and die should I do that. Bring on the linens, I say! I have vague Plans (capitalised on purpose) and they'll go up here as I figure them out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Costume Churn Out, Part The Second

As I mentioned in the previous post , I am attempting to churn out a heap of costumes in a short period of time. I managed to get the bodice on my Regency petticoat using the instructions from the Sense and Sensibility lass and had a blissful day at the picnic with the Gels not having to continually adjust my straps. Yay! Didn't get my new hat finished though. Poo. Below pic is from the fabbo Neda Lundie. (Go see her stuff on FaceCrack . It's awesome.) The other thing I have done in the last few weeks is a new 1870's bustle. It took me a total of eight days to make a petticoat, underskirt, overskirt (apron), bodice, chemisette and sleeves (I already had the rest of the underwear). In the pics below, we're at the City Bontanic Gardens in Brisbane. Photos have been filched from El Capitan's BookFace page , who is also a t'riffic photographer, which is why I use her photos so often. I had got fed up with the sleeves by the time these photos ...

A Look Backwards and Forwards

It's that time of the year (ok, maybe a little later than I had planned) when everyone looks back on the year that was and forward to the year that will be. So... The list for 2017 looked like this: Ringmaster costume (Done, on this post ) 1930's tea/day dress (Done.  See this post ) 1940’s something, probably a suit, trying for an Agent Carter look Riding habit -  the year is yet to be determined, probably Victorian or Edwardian as I already have corsets that fit. The natural form, which entails  Combinations, Spoon busk corset, Princess petticoat/bustle, Petticoat, Skirts (under and apron), Dickey and cuffs, Vest, Jacket and Hat So that was a total of two outfits from the original list. Sigh. I also made a transition open robe and a couple of steampunk outfits ( a naturalist and Dorothy Gale ). In all, not my best year for pushing out costumes, but I'm dead proud of the naturalist costume and super duper proud of the transition robe. I can almost say, in re...

I've Made Stuff!

So while my blog may have been idle, I actually haven't been! I made this for the lovely Miss C for her birthday: And I finished my riding habit with sometime to spare for the Day at the Races: Photo courtesy of Miss R. I have a list as long as my arm for the Lessons Learned on the riding habit, but that's all good as long as I don't repeat the same mistakes! My plans for CoCo have had so many changes, I'm glad I didn't keep the blog up-to-date. The list, as it currently stands, is: Wear the riding habit (and melt since it's made of wool) with some horns for the In The Realm of The Goblin King pool party. I’ll take my  brown striped 1870’s bustle  for the Belle Epoch CafĂ©. Not my original idea of an 1890’s, but better than civvies! From the outset, I had the idea of making a version of  this . I have red silk velvet but no where near enough for a Victorian, so I'm using chocolate coloured German velvet, f...